So the other morning I was drinking some coffee and skimming the Wall Street Journal when I came across an article called “A Year in Emerald City.” The article is about a company, Pantone, that sells the codes that manufacturers use to the replicate colors on just about everything. With crazy precision.
Pantone plays a large role in the color trends you see during the year. Each year Pantone picks an “it” color (interviewing people in fashion, manufacturers, etc) and this year, they picked emerald green.. The reason this article caught my attention is because emerald green is precisely MY FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME. Like if you show me something in emerald green, I will probably love it. No matter what it is.
So here, I share with you, seven of my favorite green things right now. All wonderful potential gifts for the green lover in your life.
1. Patagonia Down Sweater Vest. I’ve wanted the black version of this vest forever but green would be a solid choice too.
2. Everlane Weekender Bag in Olive. I love everything about Everlane’s shirts and I’m sure this bag is just as great.
3. Moleskin notebook. Hemingway, Wilde, Picasso and Matisse’s notebooks of choice. Also mine ;)
4. Le Creuset Kettle in fennel. A new color for this year. Why not have a tea pot you’d own for the rest of your life?
5. Madewell Sidewalk Skimmer. ( on sale right now + an additional 25% off and free shipping with code CHEERS)
6. J.Crew Fair Isle socks. Why not wear fun socks under your boots?
7. Clare Vivier Clutch. I love this bright green clutch from Clare Vivier (and pretty much everything else in the shop).
Need some more gift ideas? Enjoy looking at favorite things list as much as I do? Hop on over to see Patty at Fete Patty and check out her list. And then find the link at the bottom of her post for the next blog and if you follow all the links, it will bring you right back here. Ten in total.
And that’s a blog circle, ladies and gentlemen.